- Comments are closed on the previous post. I think both sides have been covered, and without much venom. Thank you for both sides-and yes, I read both. I will no longer be twittering, since apparently CONTEXT is a lost art.
- However, the point about caution-taken.
- I understand the concern, but please find me cases where parents have BLOGGED, TWEETED or facebooked abuse prior to doing it. If you found some weird ass search I get it, but this? Doubtful. BETTER LIVING THROUGH SARCASM.
- To the commentator who congratulated me on the traffic-oh goodie! All kinds of people who’ll read one post and leave. Golly woo. I’m thrilled.
- Those of you who have now followed me on twitter to watch for another trainwreck-don’t bother. I’m not usually trainwrecky. Annoying, whiny and as one thread said “like a desperate housewife, but fat and ugly.” Totally me.
- I am still very angry that someone could take the time to locate my address, and yet not read through a little for some context. If I’m truly worried about someone, I do some research first, and maybe reach out. I also wait more than an hour on a Sunday night. I stop and think first.
- What’s TOTALLY awesome is that this turns into “OOOH! MOMMYBLOGGER DRAMA!” Actually, I blog more about dealing with bipolar disorder and the effect on PARENTING MY CHILDREN-I’m not a “mommy”. I’m a working mother trying to work through a disorder.
I am a good parent who gets very frustrated sometimes, living in a house that’s more Terry Pratchett than Danielle Steel. I am HONEST about my struggles with parenting, with the honest day to day tedium involved, and yes, sometimes I will say things that to people who watch Fox news, may not be easy to relate to or funny. I get that.
Read the categories dedicated to my daughters. Read the posts about fighting with my illness. Read a little before you judge based on less than 140 characters.
Should I have written something like that? Obviously not. Do I feel bad? No, I don’t. Because I WOULD’T DO IT. But I will now be paranoid that any little piece of honesty I write can possibly have my children taken away from me, something I fear constantly as it is since the world doesn’t tend to have a rosy view of people battling mental illness. Thinks people with cancer are just swell though.
So I’m angry, and insulted and annoyed, as I likely will be for a very long time. Shuttering the blog Hannah-I don’t know. At least now I have an excuse to shut down “micro-blogging”. I still need my space, a space not populated by people who snap to judgement based on what they think they see.
Maybe I should just start talking nonsense so there’s more bullshit and fake honesty in the world. Maybe my love shouldn’t be tempered and formed by reality.
Maybe I should just be more careful who I let into my world.
I like the sound of that one.
Most accurate, to me at least, is the assessment Jai makes in the last comment on the last post. I am NOT a bad mother, not matter how high your horse is ladies.